[IGSTK-Developers] Tcon Agenda

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Thu Dec 13 08:56:07 EST 2007

Hi Andinet,

Our comments to the slicing page is here:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/DesignChallenges#Slicing

Together with my previous links on the subject it should give en
indication of our thoughts on this.

I'm not sure that we should have a detailed discussion on slicing
right now,
I was thinking more about some hight level input regarding how
slicing fits into the equation,
so that potential adjustments can be made to the tracking code while
we are in that mode.

Regards,
Frank

On Dec 13, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Andinet Enquobahrie wrote:

> Torleif-
>
> Thanks for the update.
>

>> The igstkImageSpatialObjectImagePlaneRepresentation class in the
>> sandbox is not the latest version of this
>> class. I moved it to our application´s source folder some time
>> ago  and have made some modifications since. \
>
> If the class can still build against IGSTK Sandbox, it will be
> great if you can update the version in
> the Sandbox so that we can see the latest modifications and comment
> on it.
>
>> I don´t know it this class is ok to use as a starting point for
>> imagereslicerepresentations as it does not
>> contain any actors but only a subclass of vtkImagePlaneWidget
>> (vtkImagePlaneWidget2D).
>> The current status of the class is:
>> -It shows the crosshairs permanently
>> -It can only be an orthogonal slice (Axial, Coronal or Sagittal)
>> -It is possible to pan the widget.
>> -It is possible to set the slice number to show in the widget.
>> -It is possible to set the window level of the widget
>> -It is possible to observer cursuring and windowlevel events
>>

> We should probably discuss this on the tcon as one of the technical
> topics. A while back
> Patrick has put together a nice Wiki page on requirements for image
> reslicing class and how
> it can be integrated with the other components in the toolkit
>
> http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/ImageSliceRepresentation
>
> To streamline the discussion on the tcon, it will be great if you
> could add a section here or
> write a separate page describing your implementation and your
> recommendations on how
> the implementation can be improved to fulfill the requirements.
>
> Thanks
> -Andinet
>

> --
> Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
> R&D Engineer
> Kitware Inc.
>
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x124
> www.kitware.com

Frank Lindseth
Research Scientist (PhD)

SINTEF Health Research
Dept. Medical Technology
N-7465 Trondheim, Norway
Location: Olav Kyrres gt. 9, 4th floor, Trondheim

E-mail: Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Telephone: +47 928 09 372
Telefax: +47 930 70 800