[IGSTK-Developers] View class refactoring

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Mon Aug 27 04:16:31 EDT 2007

Hi again Andinet.

I have had some problems with the camera view direction in ViewNew2D:
In the axial view, the camera was looking from below and upwards, in
the coronal view from front to back and in the sagittal view from
left to right.

This seemed counter-inituitive for viewing the volume since e.g.
clicking in the area around (what seemed like) the left eye in the
axial view would position the 3D view cursor in the area around the
right eye, (when viewed from above.)

Changing the camera positioning in ViewNew2D::RequestSetOrientation()
to be on the other side of the focal point for axial, sagittal and
coronal orientations I get what I want. But what is the standard
camera view direction for these orientations? ViewNew2D should
probably adhere to conventions here, but provide a means to change
the camera position to the other side of the focal point. That would
require a GetCameraPosition() method.

On a sidenote, I fixed the rotation issue for vtkImagePlaneWidgets in
2D views by setting the marginsize to 0 in x and y directions.

Regards,

Torleif