[IGSTK-Developers] Connection TrackerTool-Physical tracker port

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Aug 13 11:33:06 EDT 2007

Hi Geir Arne Tangen,

 >RequestSetToolID(string Manufacturer, string ToolRevision, string
 >SerialNumber)

I think this method is nice to have, but in practice, the needle tool we
  are using is sterilized and with SROM file pre-burned into the tool.
We don't have the ID information for those tools.

What I have been doing in our application is, if the tool is not being
plugged into the right port and channel, we have the option to correct
that miss connection error and reinitialize the tracker.

Patrick