[IGSTK-Developers] agenda for one year review meeting

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Sun Oct 23 20:57:57 EDT 2005

Hi everyone:

Attached are some notes about the review meeting in November including
suggested hotels and travel dates (I also pasted the document below my
signature).

As stated there, for those participating in the course you should fly in by
Monday night. For those who are coming for the review meeting only, you
should fly in by Wednesday night. Everyone can plan to leave anytime after 2
pm on Friday (so you could make a flight at 3:30 pm out of National, say 4
pm out of Dulles).

The suggested hotel is the Georgetown holiday inn. Everyone should make
their own travel arrangements (I will not reserve any hotel rooms this
time), but let me know if you need help. Your contracts should cover travel
costs, but once again let me know if this is a problem.

I also put in a tentative agenda and I will like to briefly review this as
part of the tcon tomorrow. Remember the tcon starts at 11 am and it will end
by 1 pm.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu

One Year Project Review Board Meeting and ITK Course at Georgetown

Kevin Cleary

Updated 23 October 2005

The project review and board meeting is fast approaching. The schedule is:

*	November 8 and 9 (Tues/Wed): ITK course at Georgetown
*	November 10 and 11 (Thurs/Fri): board meeting and follow-up

Those participating in the course (Luis, Andinet, Julien) should plan to fly
in by Monday night. Those participating in the board meeting and follow-up
(above plus Kevin Gary, Stephen, David, and Rick) should plan to fly in by
Wednesday night and can leave anytime after 2 pm on Friday. Those
participating just in the board meeting (Will and some others) just need to
be there on Thursday.

Hotels. Unfortunately DC hotels are very expensive and unless you go way out
to the suburbs there are no cheap hotels nearby. The most convenient is the
Georgetown Holiday Inn right next door. The rate on the web as of today was
$149 a night plus tax which is actually about as low as it goes for that
hotel. I do have a list of other hotels if anyone is interested. The only
other hotel within walking distance is the Savoy Suites and it tends to be
even a little more expensive.

Schedule for Thursday/Friday. The general schedule will be to have the board
meeting on Thursday and then a project follow-up meeting on Friday. Here is
a strawman schedule for Thursday:

*	10 am: introduction to project and goals/objectives: Kevin Cleary
*	10:30 am: demonstration of example applications

*	Image-guided system for lung biopsy using optical tracking
(Polaris): Patrick Cheng
*	Image-guided system for spine using electromagnetic tracking
(Aurora): James Zhang

*	11 am: IGSTK architecture: Luis Ibanez
*	11:30 am: IGSTK software development process: Kevin Gary
*	noon: IGSTK requirements: Brian Blake
*	12:30: lunch break to serve food (food to be brought in)
*	1:00 pm: IGSTK state machine and state machine discussion
*	3:00 pm: IGSTK components

*	Communications / tracking: David Gobbi
*	Reader/writer: Andinet
*	Visualization: Rick
*	Spatial objects: Julien / Stephen

*	4:00 pm: Wrap-up and summary

We can then reserve Thursday evening and Friday for follow-up discussion and
project planning for the second year.