[IGSTK-Developers] VTK version?

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Oct 19 10:35:56 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

I believe that our intent was to support VTK 4.4, but none of the
dashboard builds test this (insight #1: anything that isn't tested is
as good as broken).

Back in VTK 4.x, vtkImageActor was just a "vtkProp" instead
of a "vtkProp3D" even though it was always meant to inhabit
a 3D space.

The solution is to provide an overload:
igstk::ObjectRepresentation::AddActor(vtkProp3D*) plus
igstk::ObjectRepresentation::AddActor(vtkImageActor *)
This should be done if possible, but it might require too
many changes to the ObjectRepresentation code.

 - David