[IGSTK-Developers] Development Paper: final comments from Kevin Sr.

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Fri Jul 29 21:37:51 EDT 2005

Brian:

It looks good to me and ready to go with a few minor comments:

1) It does not seem to me that you received Stephen's comments which I got
about 2 hours before your revision. In particular, I agree with Stephen that
we do not want to use "distribution model" in the first sentence of the
abstract because we use "distributed development teams" in the second. Can
you check on Stephen's comments? (Normally I would not pay any attention to
Stephen's comments since I went to Duke and he is at UNC, but he has a valid
point here ;)

2) I also agree that we should say in the last paragraph of the introduction
that the software is still in beta form and evolving and we expect a stable
release toward the end of the year. You guys know better than me, but I am
not sure how useful the software is in its current form, although I have no
problem with people checking it out. But I don't want to get people
frustrated with it early in the project.

3) The web site www.igstk.org is not that good right now so I would prefer
to say "Basic information related to igstk can be found at the web site
www.igstk.org and the Wiki pages http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/".
Sohan originally maintained the web site but he is gone now and I intend to
have the new programmer Patrick Cheng take it over(he starts on Monday but
will need some time to get up to speed).

Those are my comments - probably the same disclaimers should go in Luis'
paper as well - but I would go ahead and submit the paper with these changes
as soon as you can and not wait until the new deadline which was just
extended to August 5th (at least I think that's what Luis' email said)

But all in all, I think it is a nice paper and a good summary for both us
and others.

Regards all

Kevin

P.S. The only small typo I saw was in the last sentence of the abstract
where you need a space after the semicolon after Johns Hopkins University

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group: www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS: www.washcas.org
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu