[IGSTK-Developers] outline for papers at MICCAI

Kevin Gary kgary at asu.edu
Sat Jul 9 09:34:48 EDT 2005

Kevin,

These look quite good. A couple of suggestions:

I think one of the papers should emphasize the open source theme. Open
source is
is achieving "favorite son" status in several other domains, and given
the nature
this workshop some commentary or framing of the discussion in terms of
open source is warranted. I can help out here as I am sure the Kitware
folks can.

I would like to know if/what Kitware has published previously on their tools
and approach. The theme of the first paper should be along the lines of
"Applying Agile Methods for Constructing Reusable Open Source Software
for Surgical Applications", and can draw from Brian's previous paper but
also reminds me of Will's impromptu presentation at the kickoff last
November describing the Agile approach.

KG
p.s. I will be on the tcon this Thursday