[IGSTK-Developers] outline for papers at MICCAI

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Sat Jul 9 09:17:23 EDT 2005

Hi everyone:

My first cut at an outline for the two MICCAI workshop papers is in the
attached Word document and pasted below my signature.

These are just my suggestions so please feel free to send your comments to
the developer's list.

I would like to have at least some small part for everyone on the papers and
would like to include everyone's name on at least one of the papers (I
noticed I left Stephen off but I think he can best help with review and
editing).

And I also put in a suggested schedule since time is tight.

As a start, please send your comments to the list and let us finalize the
outline before the tcon on Thursday.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu

MICCAI open source workshop papers outline

Kevin Cleary

Two papers:

*	IGSTK software development process and project management
(Cleary/Blake)
*	IGSTK architecture and state machine foundations (Luis Ibanez)

Requirements:

*	Workshop date: Sunday Oct 30th: 8:30 am to 6 pm
*	Paper due date: July 31, 2005 (NO EXTENSIONS!)
*	Notification of decision: On or about August 22, 2005
*	Paper format:  Please use the MICCAI paper template for your
submission.
To ensure quality reviews, we recommend that papers be approximately four to
five pages. Papers will be peer reviewed.
*	Web site: http://www.miccai2005.org/

Paper one: IGSTK project management and software development process

*	Introduction (include project overview): Kevin Cleary
*	Project management and use of Wiki: Kevin Gary
*	Software development process including iterations: Kevin Gary
*	Requirements definition and tracking: Brian Blake
*	Other: use of dashboard, etc.

Paper two:

*	Introduction and architecture overview: Luis
*	State machine: Luis
*	Viewers/spatial objects: Rick / Julien
*	Tracker/communications: David
*	Logging: Hee-su
*	Example application: who?

Schedule:

*	By July 14: Finalize outline and discuss during tcon, decide on
format (Word / Latex???)
*	By July 21: First draft of sections due
*	By July 28: Final draft due (this will give me time for any final
editing as I also have a small proposal due August 1st)

Notes:

*	As Stephen suggested, it may be tough to get two papers accepted for
oral presentation. So it may be that one becomes an oral and one a poster.
Of course, we have to write good papers and get them accepted first!

(end of document)