[IGSTK-Developers] Requirements

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Thu Dec 15 17:37:32 EST 2005

I was wondering if someone can describe to me  the procedure to process
requirements.  As one of the people who joined the project in the
middle, I don't have a clear understanding of  how we push requirements
through the pipeline ( from idea conception to implementation completion)

To be more concrete,  let me base my questions on a specific task of
adding a "2D Annotation capability"  to the viewer class.  I see that
"2D Annotation " listed in Iteration 6 requirements.  But...

1) How do I check if this requirement has been approved or not? Do we
have a documentation of requirements that are approved for implementation?

2) If the requirement has been approved for implementation, who enters
the requirement  into the bug racker? Is it the person who conceived the
idea (feature) or the person who is responsible to maintain the
component to which this new requirement will be added to or somebody else?

3) When the approved requirements are entered into the bug tracker, what
numbering (naming) scheme are we following?

4)) Do we keep track of requirements not approved for implementation?
Having a record of these requirements would be useful for future
reference, for example for a follow-up maintenance work on the toolkit.

-Andinet