[IGSTK-Developers] Release 1 - Iteration 3?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 23 16:58:54 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

Actually most of the files that were modified for Iteration 3
are already in the basic IGSTK library. This includes:

- PulseGenerator
- TrackerTool
- SpatialObject
- Transform
- TransformModifiedEvent
- View

The files remaining in the Sandbox are the ones used for
the "Tracker Wrapping" approach. More specifically:

  - AtamaiNDITracker

I would suggest that we do the following things before closing
Iteration 3:

   1) Implement the shift of the boundary between the Pull and
      Push regions of the pipeline, as we discussed at the meeting.
      This will involve to have PulseGenerators in the Views and
      let them pull data from the TrackerTools. The TrackerTools
      and SpatialObjects will not be pushing data anymore.

   2) Implement the real time clock for the PulseGenerator from
      code that Hee-Su sent.

At that point we could do a code review of the classes, which
in this case will have to include the following classes:

igstkCylinderObject
igstkCylinderObjectRepresentation
igstkEllipsoidObject
igstkEllipsoidObjectRepresentation
igstkEvents
igstkMacros
igstkObjectRepresentation
igstkPulseGenerator
igstkScene
igstkSpatialObject
igstkStateMachine
igstkTimeStamp
igstkTracker
igstkTrackerPort
igstkTrackerTool
igstkTransform
igstkTransformModifiedEvent
igstkView

I added a section for Iteration 3 in the Code Reviews pages
on the Wiki:

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Iteration_Code_Reviews

Iteration 3:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Iteration_Code_Reviews#Iteration_3_.28April_2005.29

With a table containing the classes above.

I'm looking at implementing action items (1) and (2), and once
we are done with them, we could proceed to the coder review in
order to close Iteration 3.

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable.

    Thanks

      Luis