[IGSTK-Developers] Cmake help

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 8 13:03:11 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

CMakes makes reasonable effort for finding the other tools that
you need for IGSTK (e.g. ITK, VTK, FLTK). When CMake finds any
of those tools on it own, then it will not ask you for them.

It UNIX (Mac/Linux) it is easier to find things in standard
directories (e.g. /use/local...), therefore CMake tends to have
more success finding things, if they are installed in the standard
typical places.

So, to put it short: If ccmake is not asking your for those other
componente it may mean that they have been found.  Note however,
that CMake does a sequencial analysis. That means: when you hit
the "c" key for configuring, it will look for the first tool in
the list of dependencies and if it is not found it will ask you
for this specific one. Then you will hit "c" again and search for
the next one... and so on.  This is necessary because at every
time you hit "c", new dependencies may come into play and cmake
must reevaluate the tools needed.

So, don't worry if the options do not appear at the beginnin.
Just select "c" (for configure) and see what the dialogs bring.
If you manage to go through the configuration without being asked
about FLTK, that means that CMake found it on its own.

You can alway double-check the entire cache by going to the
"Advanced" mode. This is done with the "t" key. In this mode
CMake will show you all the variables in the cache. If you go
through the multiple pages of the GUI, you should be able to
see the FLTK related variables.

Please let me know if you find any problem
during the configuration.

     Thanks

        Luis