[Ctk-developers] ctkjs

Steve Pieper pieper at isomics.com
Wed May 27 10:44:05 EDT 2015

Hi CTKers -

Is anyone else interested in having a CTK-like set of widgets in javascript?

Nicolas, Rudolph, and I have been musing that for some of our applications
we'd like to have something very much like our beloved set of CTK widget
functionality [1,2] but reimagined for the web.

The spirit and requirements are very similar to current CTK, but we're
thinking for this use case we would use polymer [3] in the role of Qt.  We
are also planning to have a set of rendering utilities based on threejs [4]
and have those layered into the API much like CTK's visualization widgets.

Nicolas and Rudolph are part of the team [5] that developed SliceDrop [6]
which has been really popular but is in need of this kind of new
development.

Let us know if anyone objects to the name ctkjs for this effort.  Also any
thoughts, suggestions, or words of encouragement would be welcome!

-Steve

[1] http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/WidgetPlans
[2] http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/ImageGallery

[3] https://www.polymer-project.org