[Ctk-developers] install CTK from ExternalProject_Add

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Jan 25 17:58:39 EST 2015

Hi Miklos,

ExternalProject_Add() does not know if the external project has a
super-build structure itself or not. So calling "make install" on the
CTK superbuild level *should* do the right job, which it currently
doesn't (as you have described). In case of external dependencies which
the CTK superbuild resolved, you would typically want to install them as
well.

I am currently working on exactly this feature (we would like to do a
"make install" for CTK in MITK as well), see

https://github.com/commontk/CTK/issues/406

https://github.com/commontk/CTK/pull/466

Best,
Sascha