[Ctk-developers] install CTK from ExternalProject_Add

Miklos Espak m.espak at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jan 25 06:21:15 EST 2015

Hi,

we build CTK as an external project of our application. Instead of picking
up the CTK headers and libraries from the build folder, we would like to
install CTK and pick up them from the install directory. (The VS compiler
cl.exe crashes because the accumulated list of include library paths causes
an overflow. So we want to shorten the path list.)

However, the ExternalProject_Add(CTK ...) call does not install the project
correctly. It calls 'make install' from the CTK superbuild directory, not
the CTK-build directory.

Is it possible to change the working directory of the cmake ep install?
(I'm afraid not, according to the docs.)

Or, would it be possible to make the install work from the superbuild level?

Cheers,
Miklos