[Ctk-developers] ctkSliderWidget on ctkPopUpWidget: spinbox never gets keyboard focus

Miklos Espak espakm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 12:28:03 EST 2013

Hi,

I have a drop down control panel with some slider widgets on it.

If I click into the spinbox, it should get the keyboard focus and the
cursor should start blinking, but it does not. I can select the number by
mouse, but cannot type anything into it.

If I place the control panel on an ordinary QWidget, all works fine.

I added an event filter to the line edit of the spin box to see if it gets
the mouse pressed event. It does. But it does not get the FocusIn event. If
I put the control panel an a QWidget, then the ctkDoubleSpinBox gets the
FocusIn event.

Has anybody tried to use a ctkDoubleSpinBox or similar on a ctkPopUpWidget?

Any idea, why there the no FocusIn event is not emitted / received if the
spinbox is on a popup widget, even if the mouse press event definitely
arrives to the line edit?

Cheers,
Miklos