[Ctk-developers] CTK, DCMTK and Debian

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Dec 20 11:47:28 EST 2012

On 12/20/2012 05:24 AM, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
> Hi Marco,

Hi Dominique,

> The current Debian sources for CTK are here:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/ctk/trunk/debian/

Thanks, I put that link on our CTK Debian Wiki page.

> I merged a few of your changes into the trunk. Unfortunately I am still
> running into compilation issues when specifying
>      -DCTK_LIB_DICOM/Core:BOOL=ON
>
> In file included from /usr/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstring.h:65:0,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/oflog/tstring.h:27,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/oflog/streams.h:27,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/oflog/loglevel.h:29,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/oflog/logger.h:28,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/oflog/oflog.h:35,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dctypes.h:34,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcbytstr.h:35,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcchrstr.h:48,
>                   from /usr/include/dcmtk/dcmdata/dcvrpn.h:35,
>                   from
> /tmp/ctk/trunk/ctk-0.1.0~git20121219/Libs/DICOM/Core/ctkDICOMModel.cpp:33:
> /usr/include/dcmtk/ofstd/ofstream.h:67:22: fatal error: iostream.h: No
> such file or directory
>
> I am using an older dcmtk (3.6.0-9), will try with a newer version soon.

This is the fix, it is actually a workaround for a debian bug in
libdcmtk2-dev (#637687):

https://github.com/nolden/CTK/commit/f8a38a141a4d3dc1bf8ef5a95a8b3da1def7bfb1

The other one that is not included in CTK and won't be is:

https://github.com/nolden/CTK/commit/6946f75a100ce0950226779e71bed34dce624599

> I also believe that the current github version contains your changes
> already. Your patch debian/patches/backport-of-dcmscu-from-dcmtk-3.6.1
> doesn't apply cleanly and can probably removed.
>
> Any idea when CTK is using a plain pythonqt version? I would like to
> turn on another option as well.
>      -DCTK_LIB_Scripting/Python/Core:BOOL=ON

JC is working on that and already submitted most patches to upstream. We
somewhat agreed that for a first version of a CTK debian package we
could leave it OFF and turn it on later. Also it could make sense to
split the CTK package at some point into ctk, ctk-pluginfw, ctk-widgets etc.

> Cheers
> -Dominique

Best
Marco