[Ctk-developers] unknown log4qt in non-superbuild

Thomas Wolf thomas.wolf at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 29 12:25:20 EDT 2011

Hello all,

i have some problems with the non superbuild.
I have a makefile similar along those lines:

add_subdirectory(Log4Qt)
add_subdirectory(GDCM)

and finally
add_subdirectory(CTK)

Ibuild my externals directly in my makefile. External_project does not
work here because another parent project cannot be allowed to be a
external_project.

Running through configuration step, i get the following:

<---
EXTERNAL_TARGETS:
CMake Error at 3rdParty/CTK/CMake/ctkMacroValidateBuildOptions.cmake:202
(MESSAGE):
  CTKCore depends on unknown external targets: Log4Qt_LIBRARIES
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  3rdParty/CTK/CMakeLists.txt:512 (ctkMacroValidateBuildOptions)
--->

similar also for GDCM.

if i remove in the CTK main makefiles (ll. 507) the block with

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Let's make sure the enabled/disabled libraries, plugins or
applications are coherent
#
ctkFunctionGenerateDGraphInput(${CTK_BINARY_DIR} "${target_directories}")
ctkFunctionGenerateDGraphInput(${CTK_BINARY_DIR} "${target_directories}"
WITH_EXTERNALS)
ctkMacroValidateBuildOptions("${CTK_BINARY_DIR}" "${DGraph_EXECUTABLE}"
"${target_directories}")

it works somehow, at leats throug makefile generation.

is the DGraph executable expecting a 'hard' target, as export?

isn't the Log4Qt target already visible? There's no problem configuring
and building it in the same makefile, just by disabling CTK..

Regards,
Thomas