[Ctk-developers] Include source code in MediaWiki

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Jan 23 06:56:59 EST 2011

Hi guys,

I'd like to start writing some tutorials using our Wiki. The thing is, I
will need many source code examples and creating this source code inside
the Wiki will likely result in incorrect code in the future (if it
compiled at all in the beginning), as the used API may evolve.

The best I could come up with so far is having a git repository
(wherever)  containing the tutorial code and a dartclient building the
tutorial code against the current CTK version. Now we only need a way to
directly include the code in the Wiki. I found this extension which
seems to do exactly that:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Include

I agree that the warnings on top are not that encouraging, but I'm not a
webbrowser security expert... do you guys have any other idea how to
avoid the separation of tutorial code from the actual source code it is
using?

For testing purposes, I created a test page which uses the include
extension (which will not work of course, until the extension is installed):

http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/IncludeTest

Thanks for your feedback,

Sascha