[Ctk-developers] hackfest Feb 7-11 2011 - venue suggestions?

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Mon Dec 13 09:53:58 EST 2010

J2, JC, and I would be happy to host this in Chapel Hill, NC.

There are several good hotels we could use.  The hotels I have in mind are:
http://www.franklinhotelnc.com/
http://www.carolinainn.com/
Both have excellent conference facilities.   I hosted ITK developers
conferences at the Carolina Inn.  Kitware uses Franklin Hotel quite
frequently.   They are in a part of town with many bars featuring
local beers and with a nice variety restaurants.

February can have a mix of weather - sometimes it will have a light
snow.   Sometimes you can be outside in short sleeves.

RDU is the local, international airport.   The RDU airport is about 20
minutes from Chapel Hill.  They have direct flights to/from London,
St. Louis, Atlanta, Boston, and others.    Most international
travelers will need to go through DC, JFK, or such airports.

Come join us,
Stephen, J2, and JC