[Ctk-developers] Qt licenses model

Tarbox, Lawrence tarboxl at mir.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 12 13:57:03 EST 2009

I don't think that there is any problem with redistribution of the binary Qt runtime environment with BSD-licensed code.  Qt Software, I believe, expressly allows such redistribution.

In fact, there is no problem with redistributing the rest of the LGPL Qt code, as long as we keep it logically separate from the BSD-licensed code (i.e., strictly a 'linked to' relationship in keeping with the LGPL provisions), and as long as we provide a means for people to get the source for the LGPL Qt code.

Lawrence