[Ctk-developers] Qt licenses model

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Nov 12 11:26:57 EST 2009

Maybe this wasn't clear, but if possible use a OSI-compliant license, not a
modified BSD. This makes it possible to seek funding or respond to
technology requests (since I believe an OSI-compliant license can be a
pre-condition to engagement, it also gives a sense of authoratative approval
which warms some people's hearts). We thought about gaining OSI approval for
VTK's original license but eventually just adopted a standard BSD.
Will

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.
28 Corporate Drive