[Ctk-developers] XDOM - decorator pattern

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 8 06:07:24 EST 2009

Marco Viceconti wrote:
> I suspect that the mechanism our colleagues in INRIA described at the
> CTK meeting in Oxford is strongly based on the ability of QTObjects
> and derivative to exchange messages, making simple and efficient the
> use of message-passing mechanisms.  This however creates a strong
> dependency onto QT, which we might want to discourage in CTK (we
> should remember QT already changed license model 2 times :-) ).

Dear Marco,

at the first CTK meeting in Heidelberg we agreed on using Qt in CTK,
since everyone is already using it. This does not necessarily include
the Qt GUI classes, but the Qt Core module which offers the
message-passing mechanisms. Of course such a strong dependency should
always be discussed, but I'm not afraid of any licensing changes anymore.

Regards

Marco (the other one)

Dipl.-Inform. Med. Marco Nolden
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum       (German Cancer Research Center)
Div. Medical & Biological Informatics          Tel: (+49) 6221-42 2325
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                        Fax: (+49) 6221-42 2345
D-69120 Heidelberg                             eMail: M.Nolden at dkfz.de