[Ctk-developers] Widgets list

Paladini, Gianluca (SCR US) gianluca.paladini at siemens.com
Thu Aug 20 19:27:02 EDT 2009

I would caution not to throw into the mix widgets that interact within
the display area. It is useful to populate a GUI's control area with
advanced widgets that go beyond simple buttons and sliders - but when it
comes to the display area you enter the realm of 2D and 3D computer
graphics - some of us use straight OpenGL, some use VTK interactors,
some use Open Inventor manipulators, etc.. Those are not self-contained
user interface widgets - they are tied to coordinate systems and state
management, therefore the moment you introduce something like that you
immediately open up a big can of worms.