[ITK Community] Fwd: problem building ITK hello world example

mitra hoseini mitra.hoseini.jafari at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 14:32:30 EST 2013

Hi there
I am a new insight user. I have build ITK 4.5 using visual studio 10 in
cmake GUI, just by following the instructions in ITK software guide. Then I
attempt to run my first program -the hello world example- in cmake. Therer
was no error message and no output! So I made a new solution in visual
studio an added all of the libraries (which was enormous in number ) and
then tried to build the HelloWorld.cxx file. I got these errors:

1>d:\itk\itk\modules\thirdparty\vnl\src\vxl\vcl\vcl_cstddef.h(22): error
C2039: 'ptrdiff_t' : is not a member of 'std'
1>d:\itk\itk\modules\thirdparty\vnl\src\vxl\vcl\vcl_cstddef.h(22): error
C2868: 'ptrdiff_t' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected
qualified-name
1>d:\itk\itk\modules\core\common\include\itkmathdetail.h(281): error C3861:
'_mm_cvtsd_si64': identifier not found
1>d:\itk\itk\modules\core\common\include\itkmathdetail.h(289): error C3861:
'_mm_cvtss_si64': identifier not found

I have no idea how to solve this problem and I couldn't find any solution
via searching the world wide web.

Any immediate help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mitra