[ITK Community] [Insight-developers] translation binary image

elhadj meljane elhadj.meljane at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 13:22:32 EST 2013

Hi all,

I used the ”Hello World” Registration code example in the itkGuide to
register tow binary images. Each image contains a white full rectangle
on a black background. Let's say image A and image B. When I use the
image A as fixed image and the image B as moving image, the
registration works, I get the good translation. But when I use the
image A as moving image and B as fixed, I get a bad translation: the
registered image is black. Note that this second case that is useful
to my application. I tried two different metrics:
MatchCardinalityImageToImageMetric and MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.
The First metric leads to the behavior describe above; with the second
metric I get the a 2D translation X = 0 and Y = 0.

I would appreciate your comment on this issue!

Best regards,
EM