[ITK Community] [Insight-users] ITK git problem reading DICOM under Debian

Plutonium zhitaoli.hust at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 02:43:49 EST 2013

Hi,

I just tried building ITK under Debian testing (Jessie), it builds OK,
but I was unable to use it to read any DICOM images, it give the
following error with the DicomImageReadWrite example:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::string'
Aborted

I also tried the same version (git master branch) under linux mint 15,
and everything is OK. So I am guessing it must be something wrong with
Debian.

Debian uses gcc-4.8.real (Debian 4.8.2-1) 4.8.2 and the linux mint 15
uses gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1) 4.7.3

Anyone has similar problems?

Thanks!

Sincerely
Zhitao Li