[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Issues with compiling ITK on a Mac 10.8.5

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Dec 17 11:03:11 EST 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:11:26 -0800, yael.grossman said:

>OK, so I downloaded the newest version of Xcode into my Applications folder.
>I tried to run Cmake again with the older version of ITK, but get the same
>error message that the files may be invalid.

What does:

xcode-select --print-path

report now?

Also, open Xcode.app, Preferences > Locations > Locations > Command Line Tools, what does it say?

>Should I try it with xcode as the compiler rather than Unix makefiles?

No, I wouldn't.  It's slower and more fragile.  If all you want to do with build ITK, using the make files option is better IMHO.

I also wouldn't bother installing gcc as Nicholas recommended, unless you really need gcc as opposed to clang.  Each can build 99% of the things out there, and since you need Xcode anyway (it installs headers and other stuff) you only complicate matter by installing something else, which scatters files god knows where.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com