[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Vesselness Memory Issue

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Mon Dec 9 14:41:03 EST 2013

Hello,

You system lockup is likely due to memory exhaustion, and excessive thrashing. System lockup it typical of when running you of memory for an task.

I had a version of the MultiScaleHessian that was streamable. I haven't used it for a while not, and don't know what the state of it is after ITKv4.
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/890/

You have a couple other options:

1) Find smaller regions of interest. That is just don't run on the whole image at once.
2) For each scale stream your metric to disk. This is the way I recently did it. I was able to batch each scale out to a cluster node. And them perform on analysis on the scalar images in SimpleITK.

Those on my quick suggestions.

Good luck,
Brad