[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Vesselness Memory Issue

Ben Alpert balpert at numira.com
Mon Dec 9 14:20:01 EST 2013

Hi,

I have seen a few threads on this topic but I am still not sure what the best approach is. I am trying to enhance vessels using the MultiScaleHessianBasedMeasureImageFilter and Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter framework. When running the filters on a large enough volume, my system locks up, so there seems to be some exception handling issue since I would at least expect an error message in this case.

I understand that the HessianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter is not streamable and I have seen that a discrete version is available (https://github.com/blowekamp/itkLocalDiscreteHessian), but I am not sure how to integrate it with the MultiScaleHessian framework. Did anyone have any experience with this?

Also, other than for visualization/UI purposes, is there any advantage in using tubetk, as it is essentially built on itk?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben