[ITK Community] [Insight-users] Fwd: [Community] Demons Deformable Registration and Paraview

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 12:49:52 EST 2013

Tim

We can tell you with absolute certainty that all deformable mappings in
ITKv4, by default, map the moving image into the fixed image space.  This
is achieved by, as Hans said, pulling ... i.e. identifying vectors *in the
fixed space* that "point at" the moving image space.  This *pulls* the
moving image into the fixed image configuration.  If you think of this as
mapping points, then this same field would *push* points from the fixed
image space to the moving image space.  The point would then identify its
new intensity, from the moving image, and then come back to its original
position in the fixed space.  This is what WarpImageFilter does.

brian