[CMake] Adding compile and build type tests to CMake/CTest

Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc csiga.biga at aol.com
Wed Sep 13 09:08:43 EDT 2017

Indeed, such a feature would come in handy to test libraries for correctly failing on erronous user input.

What amazes me even more is that noone has stepped up yet to create CBench. A utility executable for measuring compilation times and capture output of some (micro)benchmark instrumentation, either one of its own or some external tool, like google/benchmark. Present output either as a table on the console, ASCII art or as .xls/.html… you get what I mean.

Has it never bothered anyone enough yet to create quantitative output of a build, other than the binary failed/passed kind tests?