[CMake] Strange error with brand new CMake 4.10.0 - SOLVED

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis at bockemuehl.ch
Wed Nov 22 04:22:56 EST 2017

What a shame! Actually that error message comes from my own
CMakeLists.txt file - where I had so far only configured some settings
for Linux and not yet for MSVC...

This is indeed not any more the MT problem, but simply my own - so
please forget about my previous posting!

Regards, Cornelis

Am Mittwoch, den 22.11.2017, 09:56 +0100 schrieb Cornelis Bockemühl:
> [...]
version 4.10.0 on Windows with MSVC 2015, and I realized by reading
the CMakeOutput.log that testing the Manifest Tool (MT) was failing.
And with a little Google I got the impression that this is now fixed
with the final release:

> > https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/commit/2201ecec44adcc490c7481a
52a88d6543bc5dd7b

out I immediately downloaded and installed it. However the result is
a bit disappointing: Indeed the error message has gone from the
CMakeOutput.log file - but the Configure run still fails with the
same message:

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:32 (message):
>   MSVS not properly configured yet!
>
> Now I am lost because I really do not know where to look further!
>
> > > For the very moment, and in order to have a quick solution, I will
now probably simply downgrade to the previous version 3.9, but still
I wanted to report this problem to the experts!