[CMake] CMake Server Mode and USE_FOLDERS

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Mon Jul 3 22:07:35 EDT 2017

I was just exploring in a command line the CMake Server mode in 3.8 (I
have not tried 3.9 yet) just to see what gets output and I was wondering
if CMake-Server mode supports "set_property(GLOBAL PROPERTY USE_FOLDERS
ON)" for any generator? I was specifically using the "ninja" generator
for my experiments. I suspect not since Ninja itself does not have the
concept of this but I though I would inquire.

If IDE's that are now relying on CMake-server had this information it
would allow the IDE to present the project in such a way that the
developers intended or laid out. I know we put a lot of time into our
CMake files so that the Visual Studio and Xcode projects are reasonably
organized when you open them instead of just listing 250 targets.

Thanks for any insights.

Mike Jackson