[CMake] Cannot set FOLDER property to an interface (header-only) target

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 07:10:02 EST 2016

On 31 December 2015 at 17:19, Nils Gladitz <nilsgladitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31.12.2015 14:19, David Cole via CMake wrote:
>
>> I can't think of a reason why we would not whitelist the FOLDER
>> property... Unless somebody else chimes in with one, perhaps you could
>> submit a proposed patch to whitelist it?
>>

> As far as I remember INTERFACE libraries don't generate visual studio
> projects.
> Without generated projects there is nothing to be organized by the FOLDER
> property.
>
> Nils

Indeed, that's another issue I just discovered and it's a problem too for
me. I was looking for a solution for header-only libraries
so that I can see them in my solution (and other convenience). Without
being exposed in Visual Studio, interface
targets are not very useful (except for configuration composition I guess).
Looks like there is not many good solutions for header-only libraries to be
visible in the VS solution.