[CMake] Ninja+Fortran support for PGI compiler

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 06:25:50 EST 2016

On 16 December 2016 at 14:38, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 12/15/2016 09:10 PM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> > set(CMAKE_Fortran_PREPROCESS_SOURCE
> > "<CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER> -Mpreprocess <DEFINES> <INCLUDES> <FLAGS> -E
> <SOURCE> > <PREPROCESSED_SOURCE>")
> >
> > I added that line to PGI-Fortran.cmake and it seems to work.
>
> Great!  I'll integrate that for CMake 3.8.

Awesome!

Look... I just tested the Oracle compiler. I don't actually use it myself
but I have it installed and it also has problems with CMake + Ninja. It
looks like the same problem. So again I went to Modules/Compiler but this
time I did not see an obvious .cmake file for Oracle. If you want to try to
add Oracle to the list of compilers that CMake knows about, this might help:

1) Free download:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/developerstudio/downloads/index.html

2) To identify the compiler, the -V flag should help:

$ f90 -V
f90: Studio 12.5 Fortran 95 8.8 Linux_i386 2016/05/31

3) This is how you pre-process sources:

$ f90 -fpp -F foo.f90 -o output_file

Cheers,
Daniel.