[CMake] Trouble getting install script to actually run during packaging

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu May 14 16:47:11 EDT 2015

I have a bit of Cmake code that I can not seem to figure out how to get to
actually run during cpack. HEre is the code:

  GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT (SELF_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE}" PATH)
  configure_file("${SELF_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.sh.in"
                 "${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.sh" @ONLY
IMMEDIATE)
  FILE(WRITE "${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.cmake"
"execute_process(COMMAND \"/bin/bash
${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.sh \${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}\")" )
  FILE(APPEND "${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.cmake"
"\n\nMESSAGE(STATUS \"@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ THIS IS DONE @@@@@@@@@@@\")\n")

  INSTALL(CODE "execute_process(COMMAND \"/bin/bash
${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.sh \${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}\")"
          COMPONENT Applications)
  install(SCRIPT "${DREAM3DProj_BINARY_DIR}/Deploy_ITK_Libs.cmake"
COMPONENT Applications)

After I build I run "cpack" from the command line. I see _other_ scripts
that I have configured run but not _this_ script. I have verified that the
cmake code is actually executing as I get a new script file each time I run
cmake. I am sure I am missing something simple at this point but I just can
not see it.

This is on Linux Mint 17.x with CMake 3.1.0.

Thanks for any help
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net