[CMake] Support for Concurrent Fortran 77 Compiler (was: fortran compiler failed to compile simple test program)

Ette, Anthony (CDS) Anthony.R.Ette at controlsdata.com
Thu Jun 18 16:01:49 EDT 2015

> Please try building CMake from commit 7cd539b1 to see if it detects the compiler id as "CCur".  Once that works we can look at updating the flags used for the compiler.

Looks like this patch (which includes the commit to remove -rdynamic from GNU fortran compilers - f43defaec4e8610e90886a831dcc0a15fdeea1cb) was what we needed (see below)!  I still need to go back and adapt to my original project and see where I am wrt this.  Also, presumably, my team can continue working ahead with this patch in place in our local cmake install.  How will I know when this is rolled into official distro so we can resinstall on all of our client machines?

rts1-4:/home/bzpl46/test2> cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"
-- The Fortran compiler identification is CCur
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /usr/ccs/bin/cf77
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /usr/ccs/bin/cf77  -- works
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether /usr/ccs/bin/cf77 supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether /usr/ccs/bin/cf77 supports Fortran 90 -- no
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/bzpl46/test2

Thanks!
Tony
This e-mail (including attachments) contains contents owned by Rolls-Royce plc and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies or customers and covered by the laws of England and Wales, Brazil, US, or Canada (federal, state or provincial). The information contained in this email is intended to be confidential, may be legally privileged and subject to export controls which may restrict the access to and transfer of the information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, interception or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may subject you to further legal action. Reply to the sender if you received this email by accident, and then delete the email and any attachments.