[CMake] Can't find wxWidgets

Bob Bachman bob_bachman at intercept.com
Thu Jul 9 16:09:26 EDT 2015

Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at ...> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Bob Bachman <bob_bachman-
JXEU3b3ms+Tby3iVrkZq2A at public.gmane.org> wrote:Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 <at>
...> writes:> Ok, so that's not what's going on... Is this a custom build of
wxWidgets?
> Is wx-config located in /usr/bin or somewhere else? We build wxWidgets
here. It's not located in /usr/bin. Here's our build
> process.
> from the wxWidgets-3.0.2 directory,
> 1. mkdir buildgtk
> 2. cd buildgtk
> 3. ../configure --with-gtk --without-gnomeprint
> 3. make
> The wx-config script is then found in the buildgtk directory.
>
> Ok, so how did you tell cmake to find wx-config when you were running
2.8.x? It only looks in whatever the default cmake search paths...

> Looking at Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake
>     #-----------------------------------------------------------------
>     # UNIX: Start actual work.
>     #-----------------------------------------------------------------
>     # Support cross-compiling, only search in the target platform.
>     find_program(wxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE
>       NAMES wx-config wx-config-3.0 wx-config-2.9 wx-config-2.8
>       DOC "Location of wxWidgets library configuration provider binary
(wx-config)."
>       ONLY_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH
>       )---end---Thanks,Richard

It's defined in the CMakeLists.txt file and stored in the CMakeCache.txt
file.

//Path to a program.
wxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/home/mzx_bldr/mozaix_svn/engineering/c
ommon_src/src/wxWidgets-3.0.2/buildgtk/wx-config

Thanks,
Bob