[CMake] Can't find wxWidgets

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:56:13 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Bob Bachman <bob_bachman at intercept.com>
wrote:

> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at ...> writes:
> > Ok, so that's not what's going on... Is this a custom build of wxWidgets?
> Is wx-config located in /usr/bin or somewhere else?
>
> We build wxWidgets here. It's not located in /usr/bin. Here's our build
> process.
>
> from the wxWidgets-3.0.2 directory,
> 1. mkdir buildgtk
> 2. cd buildgtk
> 3. ../configure --with-gtk --without-gnomeprint
> 3. make
>
> The wx-config script is then found in the buildgtk directory.

Ok, so how did you tell cmake to find wx-config when you were running
2.8.x? It only looks in whatever the default cmake search paths...

Looking at Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake

    #-----------------------------------------------------------------
    # UNIX: Start actual work.
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------
    # Support cross-compiling, only search in the target platform.
    find_program(wxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE
      NAMES wx-config wx-config-3.0 wx-config-2.9 wx-config-2.8
      DOC "Location of wxWidgets library configuration provider binary
(wx-config)."
      ONLY_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH
      )

---end---