[CMake] "Modern" CMake with Qt5 and packaging on OS X

Bill Somerville bill at classdesign.com
Fri Feb 6 13:03:25 EST 2015

On 06/02/2015 14:00, Michael Jackson wrote:

Hi Mike,
> We are migrating our application from Qt4 to Qt5. In the past we had a combination of a cmake script and shell script that would fix-up the application bundle on OS X. This does not seem to work any more in that we are missing the platform plugins and a few other items. Are there any examples of how people are creating app packages with Qt5 for OS X? Eventually we will need Windows and Linux also. We also have our own plugins which may complicate things but any help is appreciated.
Not offering this as a glowing example of CMake idiom and style as it is
a learning process for me as well, but this project builds an
application bundle on Mac as well as building on Windows, Linux etc..
The Mac and Windows packaging is done mainly with the CMake/CPack bundle
utilities. We don't manage to directly produce Linux packages but we try
and help the Linux packages as much as possible.

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/wsjt/wsjt/branches/wsjtx

Only the above branch, which a trunk in disguise :( , is "properly"
CMake/CPack built. This is not commercial software but it does use
Fortran/C/C++ Qt5 FFTW3 and most recently OpenMP so it is quite complex.

> Thanks
> Mike Jackson

Regards
Bill Somerville.