[CMake] Ctest building with Multiple Processors

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 12:08:53 EDT 2014

I wrote this blog post a couple years ago claiming "one way to run a
dashboard on windows":

http://cmake.blogspot.com/2012/09/one-way-to-run-dashboard-on-windows.html

As with all such things, there are, of course, multiple ways to solve
"the problem." At the time I wrote it, I trusted Visual Studio to do
its best at building the projects in parallel without passing any
explicit flags to do so.

If you really need to squeeze out the best build time, but you still
want to use the VS compiler, I would recommend setting up an
environment for using ninja in conjunction with the VS compiler. If you
need more advice than all this once you hit a specific issue, do ask
further questions once you have them.

HTH,
David C.