[CMake] Problem creating a Platform with Unix Makefiles (on windows)

fungos fungos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:14:46 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new platform (closed for game dev) and I got it
working with Ninja generator, but when I try to use Unix Makefiles
generator it will give the output at and of the email.
Yup, Unix Makefiles on Windows, that is correct and it works if I use
toolchain overrides in the CMakeLists.txt but not as a Platform.cmake via
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME ...). For some reason it will overwrite my compiler
settings after "Configuring done" and set as NOTFOUND.

Any hints?

ps. the set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME myPlatform) is before everything and is
working with Ninja generator.

ps2. also, I've added this to the platform file:

set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_FORCED TRUE)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FORCED TRUE)
(and correctly setup every other toolchain variable)

Thank you,
Danny

Error:

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Check for working C compiler: mwcceppc.exe
Check for working C compiler: mwcceppc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
Check for working CXX compiler: mwcceppc.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: mwcceppc.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - failed
Configuring done
You have changed variables that require your cache to be deleted.
Configure will be re-run and you may have to reset some variables.
The following variables have changed:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER= CMAKE_C_COMPILER-NOTFOUND
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER= CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND

CMake Error at
C:/cmake/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake:57 (message):
  Could not find compiler set in environment variable CC:

  CMAKE_C_COMPILER-NOTFOUND.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:13 (project)

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
C:/TempBuild/CMakeFiles/3.0.20140901-g19b17/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
C:/TempBuild/CMakeFiles/3.0.20140901-g19b17/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

  Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting the CMake cache entry
  CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the full path to the compiler, or to the compiler name
  if it is in the PATH.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

  Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting the CMake cache entry
  CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path to the compiler, or to the compiler
  name if it is in the PATH.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/TempBuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".