[CMake] Add_Custom_Target to copy a directory not working with Ninja on Windows

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Oct 2 17:57:58 EDT 2014

Setup: Visual Studio 2013 Express, Ninja Version 1.5.1.git, Windows 7x64,
CMake 3.0.1

I am trying to build my project and when ninja gets to the point of copying
a directory it fails most of the time. Sometimes (I think on a clean build)
it works. Always fails when I am running the "ninja package'. Here is the
cmake code that I use.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#- This copies all the Prebuilt Pipeline files into the Build directory so
the help
#- works from the Build Tree
add_custom_target(PrebuiltPipelinesCopy ALL
            COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy_directory
${DREAM3D_SUPPORT_DIR}/PrebuiltPipelines

${CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/PrebuiltPipelines/
            COMMENT "Copying Prebuilt Pipelines into Binary Directory")
set_target_properties(PrebuiltPipelinesCopy PROPERTIES FOLDER ZZ_COPY_FILES)

# Make Sure this target as part of the DREAM3D Build
add_dependencies(DREAM3D PrebuiltPipelinesCopy)

#- This installs all the help files. Note that we assume a flat directory
structure
#- in the "Help" folder, ie, all html files, images, etc are all in the
"Help"
#- folder and NOT in any subfolders beyond that.
install(DIRECTORY ${DREAM3D_SUPPORT_DIR}/PrebuiltPipelines
        DESTINATION .
        COMPONENT Applications )

I can not figure out what is going wrong. Visual Studio will sometimes fail
also. Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net