[CMake] L

cgorac cgorac at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 17:03:30 EST 2014

Rolf Eike Beer wrote
> Yes, but the preferable solution would be that you ship a
> OpenBLASConfig.cmake
> with your installation, so it would work with any CMake version and you
> can
> adapt that file yourself in case of new components, library locations or
> other
> things.

Why would OpenBLAS have to do this, when none of other BLAS implementations
supported by FindBLAS.cmake aren't?

OpenBLAS is probably the most convenient open source BLAS implementation to
use at the moment, plus very fast, and it would really make every sense to
have it supported by CMake.  Furthermore, I think rather simple change to
FindBLAS.cmake is needed to support it: basically, as OpenBLAS is derived
from Goto BLAS implementation, probably Goto BLAS related segment of
FindBLAS.cmake should be just duplicated, with "Goto" changed to "OpenBLAS",
and "goto2" changed to "openblas".  On the other side, same type of addition
would be needed for FindLAPACK.cmake, as OpenBLAS is implementing LAPACK too
(also through libopenblas.{a,so} library).

Thanks.