[CMake] Installing vcomp120.dll

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Dec 18 15:39:33 EST 2014

On 12/18/2014 1:42 PM, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> This should hopefully be an easy question: Our build of FreeImage has a
> dependency on vcomp120.dll.  However, it would seem that
> GetPrerequisites.cmake is skipping that dependency because it’s in the
> Visual Studio installation directory, and also
> InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake doesn’t seem to have any facilities
> for installing that (even optionally).  So, my question is: what would
> be the best way to add an installation of that DLL so that we don’t
> require the VS 2013 x64 redistributable, in such a way that it would be
> future-proof?
Looks like it is in \VC\redist\arm\Microsoft.VC120.OPENMP\vcomp120.dll.
   Your best bet would be to copy what is being done in
InstallRequiredSystemLibraries but only use the OPENMP directory.
Maybe InstallOpenMP.cmake in your project.  When you get that working
you might want to integrate it into InstallRequiredSystemLibraries and
create a patch for CMake.

-Bill