[CMake] CMake installation problems

Prasun Sarkar prasuns25 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 08:27:49 EDT 2013

Hello

I am trying to install CMake (version 2.6.4) prior to the installation
of Geant4 in my system (Scientific linux cern 5.3). As I give the
command

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/geant4/geant4.9.5-install
/home/geant4/geant4.9.5/cmake-2.6.4

it is showing

 $ Curses libraries were not found. Curses GUI for CMake will not be built.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/geant4/geant4.9.5/cmake-2.6.4

Any suggestion to solve this problem would be appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Prasun Sarkar

In reply

It looks like you do not have the Curses headers/libraries installed on
the system. However, it is reporting that configuration/generation was
successful, so you should be able to build CMake fine, just that you
won't get the ccmake Curses interface. If you do want ccmake , then
you'll need to install the relevant packages - on SLC, I think these are
rpms ncurses and ncurses-devel .

You could also try using the Linux binary distributed by Kitware (
http://cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html)
.

Hope that helps, though note that we can't in general provide support
for installing CMake itself. If you have further questions on this, I
would direct them to the relevant CMake mailing list (
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/mailing.html)
.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hello

I tried to install the ncurses-devel. I searched for the Scientific
Linux Cern (SLC) version 5.3 at
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ncurses-devel but
could not find that version.

I have already used the linux binary distributed by kitware for cmake
version 2.6.4. ( http://cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html )

Any additional comments to install the "Curses libraries" would be
appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Prasun Sarkar