[CMake] Running tests on remote machine

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 14:17:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

I currently have a VM that I use to debug my executables. It has the
environment setup that is needed by the programs. Naturally, the tests
also depend on this environment (nothing was really mocked).

The machine hosting the VM is my dev machine, it only has CMake &
Visual Studio. I set it up to remote debug on the VM, which accesses
the compiled binaries via network shared folder.

Is there a way I can just run the tests on the VM with CTest? I don't
want to have to install Perforce, Visual Studio, and CMake on my VM if
I can avoid it. Note both machines are running Windows.

Thanks.