[CMake] READ ME run bootstrap

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:25:20 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM, John Jenkinson
<johnjenkinson1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm preparing to install PCL (Point Cloud Library), and their building PCL's
> dependencies from source tutorial says to download Cmake.  However, in the
> Cmake read me it says,
>
> "If you don't have any previous version of CMake already installed
>
> * UNIX/Mac OSX/MinGW/MSYS/Cygwin:
>
> You need to have a compiler and a make installed.
> Run the bootstrap script you find the in the source directory of CMake.
> You can use the --help option to see the supported options.
> You may want to use the --prefix=<install_prefix> option to specify a custom
> installation directory for CMake. You can run the bootstrap script from
> within the CMake source directory or any other build directory of your
> choice. Once this has finished successfully, run make and make install.
> So basically it's the same as you may be used to from autotools-based
> projects:
>
> $ ./bootstrap; make; make install
> "

Ya; that's ugly.  Have to see what the bootstrap script does....

it would be more like

x:/in/some/build/path> cmake-gui /path/to/pcl

and then configuer, and click generate ... then you can

x:/in/some/build/path> cmake --build .

which will use the 'make' appropriate for the generator you chose.