[CMake] READ ME run bootstrap

John Jenkinson johnjenkinson1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:13:49 EDT 2013

I'm preparing to install PCL (Point Cloud Library), and their building
PCL's dependencies from source tutorial says to download Cmake.  However,
in the Cmake read me it says,

"If you don't have any previous version of CMake already installed

* UNIX/Mac OSX/MinGW/MSYS/Cygwin:

You need to have a compiler and a make installed.
Run the bootstrap script you find the in the source directory of CMake.
You can use the --help option to see the supported options.
You may want to use the --prefix=<install_prefix> option to specify a custom
installation directory for CMake. You can run the bootstrap script from
within the CMake source directory or any other build directory of your
choice. Once this has finished successfully, run make and make install.
So basically it's the same as you may be used to from autotools-based
projects:

$ ./bootstrap; make; make install
"

I'm wondering if Cmake is the "make" that already needs to be installed or
if another program is needed.  Also, how do I run the bootstrap?  Sorry for
the novice questions, but this is my first time working in this space.

--
Regards,
John Jenkinson

"All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those
that are movable, and those that move." - Benjamin Franklin