[CMake] Building ninja with the MinGW compiler on Wine

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jun 12 13:02:23 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-11 18:24-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> 4. Create a symlink from DbgHelp.h in the wine install location to the
> wine name for that header, dbghelp.h.  (I have written to the Wine
> Developer list about this issue since to implement just the lower-case
> version of the name of that header may be a Wine bug.)

Note, this one turned out to be a non-issue.  There is no need for
that symlink because I have since discovered that the MinGW compilers
and MSYS tools such as "ls" are all insensitive to the case of
filenames.  That's obvious in retrospect that MinGW and MSYS just
follow the Windows case-insensitive treatment of filenames, but I have
been using the Unix case-sensitive convention for years so I just
assumed (until now) that would continue for MinGW and MSYS. Live and
learn!

Alan
Alan W. Irwin